Tuesday, May 12, 2009

PWN Tradeshow Booth


Last week was pretty hectic, not only did I have my normal, day-to-day business activities, but I was preparing for a trade show. (Yes, I'm making excuses for being VERY absent from my blog, Twitter, and social media pages in general.)

Overall, the event went well. I like chatting with people and it's fun to check out other booths, too. 

As you know, I was having trouble thinking of ways to display my writing work. And, some of you were kind enough to send me some ideas (thanks Deb!). 

Fortunately, I was sharing a booth with Angela from 13thirtyone Design and we were able to create some booth decorations that simultaneously served to draw people in AND showcase our writing and design abilities. Here are some examples:

Poster
This poster explained how creative professionals help entrepreneurs grow their business. The copy forces people to keep reading (because each point leads into the next) so it kept people at our booth a little longer--yay!


Email sign-up for marketing tip card.
Angela and I gave away a business-card sized brochure that offered six shoestring marketing tips. (You can see it by the sign-up sheet there if you look closely.)  Again, this offered examples of our work and was a piece that visitors could bring home, keep, and use time and time again. The goal was to be helpful while getting residual exposure from the tip card. Plus, we built our client list by having people sign up to get the piece.


Other than the examples above, I did have a HUGE binder full of writing examples. Yes, I know I said this was boring and uninspired. Oh well, it seemed to work well enough.

Like I said, I enjoyed meeting and talking with people at the trade show, and will definitely consider doing a booth again soon! Just out of curiosity, have any of you done a trade show? What have you found works or doesn't work?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats and the booth looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lindsay - Thanks for blogging about the trade show. I'm looking forward to future events. We'll have to keep our promotional wheels turning... Talk to you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete