Friday, April 24, 2009

Say thank you! (Clients love it.)

These days, it seems like basic manners are overlooked. 

However, one of the easiest ways to be remembered by your clients (and just to show you appreciate them) is to say thank you. 

To help you make an impression, I've included a quick list of the ways I show appreciation to my clients.

1. Simple thank you card/letter.
For some reason, a hand-written note goes a long way. With all the communication that happens via email, it's refreshing to see someone's scribble. I especially love the thank-you cards from the following places:

www.gartnerstudios.com: Gartner Studios is based in my hometown (Stillwater, MN) so I have to list them here. They offer a great line of thank-you cards, plus many eco-friendly varieties. Many of Gartner's cards are available at Target.


www.nightowlpapergoods.com: I love the letterpress thank-you options. But, I especially enjoy the wooden cards Night Owl makes. You can customize by adding your own message or logo. These cards make an impression every time and they're good for the environment.


www.pinklovesbrown.com: Pink Loves Brown offers great trendy, modern everyday cards. I think their periodic table of elements theme thank-you cards are great.


2. Send some tasty treats.
Sometimes, instead of sending a card, I send an edible or drinkable thank-you. Here are some of my favorite options:

www.cherylandco.com: Cheryl & Co. offers award-winning cookies, brownies, and other deserts. I know first-hand that they are delicious. If your client has a sweet tooth, you can't go wrong with this thank-you. You can send a great assortment for under $30.


www.personalwine.com: My friend, Angela from 13thirtyone Design sends out personalized bottles of wine in appreciation of her clients. I love this idea: not only are you saying thank you, but you can create your own wine label and remind your customers of you.

www.ediblearrangements.com: Ok, ok. So, sending a fruit basket seems kind of corny. Until you get one. And eat the whole thing in one sitting. Fruit is a good alternative for those folks who can't eat sweets or don't drink alcohol. 



3. Books.
Alright. Maybe it's because I'm a writer that I love reading so much. Or maybe I just like escapism. Who knows. But, I love sending gift certificates or books to my clients. Especially if I know they had one in mind. 

www.barnesandnoble.com: You can order gift certificates and send them right online. 

www.amazon.com: If you're not quite sure about the whole book-lover thing, an Amazon gift card covers just about anything.

www.storyopolis.com: If your client has younger children, it's shows a little extra thought and consideration by getting something for the kids. A basket of books goes a long way. These baskets are on the expensive-side for a client gift ($125-300). However, loyal clients are hard to come by and worth the investment.


While this list of thank-yous is not exhaustive by any means, I hope it gets your brain churning and reminds you to show your clients that you care. I know you'll find that a little consideration goes a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment