Thursday, July 9, 2009

Marketing brainstorm.

Recently, I've been inundated with client projects (yay--I'm NOT complaining). But, because I've been focusing on these projects, my personal marketing plan has fallen by the wayside. I've neglected it--readers of this blog have probably noticed I've been posting less and less regularly. Thanks for sticking around, though--I appreciate you putting up with my crap.

So, to get back on track, my friend Angela (owner of 13thirtyone) and I are going to have a marketing brainstorm day at her office in Hudson. Her office is the perfect place for ideation: there's a whiteboard, large table, and huge windows perfect for zoning out (don't laugh, but some of my best ideas come when I daydream)! The whole day devoted to nothing but generating ideas, plans, and action steps.

I'm pretty excited about it. Plus, I'm hoping the result will be a blog-makeover (this standard blogger lay-out just isn't doing it for me anymore), some cool direct mail ideas, and perhaps more consistency in my email newsletters.

Here's my question, dear readers: do you find it difficult to manage your marketing plan when you're busy? How do you balance consistent marketing with client projects? Any tips or strategies? Do tell.

1 comment:

  1. I'm always finding hard to keep at getting out my blog site of free children stories and poetry. I spend about 5 to 6 hours a day to do so by keeping up with around 33 net working sites.I work full time as a school custodian for an Elementary School.

    With two teens it gets very hard.

    At least I'm getting on line interviews and radio interviews. GlobalTalkRadio, radio in Texas, Florida, Delaware, and Aug.9th The Author Show in Arizona.

    www.williamsawyers.com

    ReplyDelete