Monday, January 19, 2009

Iced white mocha and casual networking, please.

I must confess. I'm a coffee shop junkie. Every morning, I goto the Daily Grind in downtown Stillwater to chat with friends, enjoy an iced white chocolate mocha, and eavesdrop on gossip.

For some time, I felt guilty about this "extracurricular" activity because it seemed to keep me away from important things (building my business and working with clients). Lately, I've begun to lighten up on myself.

You see, hanging out at the coffee shop has started to work for me: people are using me for writing jobs. It's a networkers dream: a bunch of local business people come together each morning to talk and drink coffee. Super casual, always fun.

Do you have a local watering hole? I'm interested to know where people are casually networking and finding success.

No comments:

Post a Comment