Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Three books I recommend for sales and marketing.

I know you can find tons of information online. However, sometimes you need a little downtime to ponder ideas and concepts. At times, reading a book seems more conducive to idea generation than surfing the net. Maybe it's just the accompanying hot cocoa?

At any rate, there are a few books I just love for marketing and sales. I wanted to share:

1. Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die by Chip Heath and Dan Heath.
This book is great because it explains not only the reasons why marketing and ideas work, but how trends start and why people come to care and act on your idea. I think this book should be on every small business owner's bookshelf.


2. Guerrilla Marketing: Easy and Inexpensive Strategies for Making Big Profits From Your Small Business by Jay Conrad Levinson.
Definitely a "classic," this book is great for idea generation. Sure, it talks about marketing tactics like putting up fliers on community billboards. BUT, the ideas are pretty inexpensive. If you're just starting out in business, this book is great.


3. The Sales Bible: The Ultimate Sales Resource by Jeffrey Gitomer
Let's face it: if you're in business for yourself, you're in sales. You need to be comfortable being a salesperson if you're going to succeed on your own. I highly recommend this book because Gitomer stresses building relationships, not sales. If you've ever shivered at the notion of being a sales person, this book is for you.


I'm positive you can find all these books at Amazon.com. I'm not working on commission, I just really want you to benefit from some of the great resources I have on my bookshelf! Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment