Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I'm Twitterpated: How to use Twitter for business.

Remember in the movie Bambi, when all the animals made there way out of hibernation during the Spring, and they started falling in love with each other? The old owl simply shook his head and commented, "Twitterpated."

(If it's been a while since you last watched this classic, check out the following videos for a refresher course):

Video 1: Definition of Twitterpated:



Video 2: Twitterpated in Action:



Now, while Bambi may not have a lot to do with business, I feel like most companies (both small and big) are twitterpated about Twitter. They're falling head over heels in love with the program that gives you 140 characters to tell the world what you're up to. 

I'm new to the whole Twitter thing, myself. But, I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid and see what all the fuss is about. 

I'll be documenting my experience. And, because I'm new to this whole thing, I'm not going to reinvent the wheel. I'm simply going to follow the masters before me. I'm going to follow the suggestions laid out by marketing master Chris Brogan, and see how it goes. (Here's the link to his article, "50 ways to use Twitter for Business.")

Who knows, maybe I'll become Twitterpated. I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment